Imagery by Francesco D'Adamo (Nero di Marte) accompanied by a musical improvisation by John Strieder, Composer/Artist (me ;) ) Francesco D'Adamo - Limbico
youtube.comLimbico, a collection of works from painter Francesco D'Adamo. Music by John Strieder - Respiratio "Oscura e profonda era e nebulosa tanto che, per ficcar lo...
Awesome gathering in Chicago! From left to right: Ulrike ( XelmYa), Anthony ( Thoren), Alexa (XelmYa), John ( Coma Cluster Void), Emily ( Westvesper Art), Lorenzo ( Vihaan), Sylvia (Coma Cluster Void and XelmYa), Chris (Coma Cluster Void and Thoren) sylvia-hinz-blog #9
(XelmYa in Chicago Part 3 - Transistor Concert & meeting Carolyn)
youtube.comhttps://www.facebook.com/XelmYa Part 3 of the Mini-Documentary about XelmYa's concert tour through Chicago, Illinois. Music Snippet in the Concert: "au coeur...
... we made a mini-documentary about our trip to Chicago, Illinois ... enjoy part 1! :-) ... music in the beginning: "touch" by Kristín Þóra Haraldsdóttir, performed by XelmYa at Transistor Chicago ... with Sylvia Hinz - Recorder, Sylvia Hinz, John Strieder, Composer/Artist, John Strieder, Amok Dióv ... many thanks to German Consulate General in Chicago for the support and Magma Studios for editing! ...
. ... XelmYa had such a great time at High Concept Laboratories on march 14th! ... perfect organisation ( many thanks to Rachel, Peter and Kate :-) ), a gorgeous space, lovely people to work / experiment with ( John, Christopher, Anthony, Emily and Lorenzo ) and a wonderful audience to perform for ... thank you very much ^_^ - we'll be back ... many additional thanks to the German Consulate General in Chicago for the great support! ... with Sylvia Hinz, Sylvia Hinz - Recorder, John Strieder, Composer/Artist, Coma Cluster Void, Amok Dióv, Thoren, Napalm Death and Nero di Marte ...
. The fantastic trio XelmYa from berlin will tour with my piece "obscured light" through Chicago from 13th to 15th March. Along with other awesome pieces by Kristín Þóra Haraldsdóttir, Violeta Dinescu, Makiko Nishikaze, Martin Gaughan and Mathias Spahlinger (and improvisations)!
Check out the Events:
- with John Another painting by John Strieder, Composer/Artist. Un filmato che presenta altri lavori della serie "Limbico". La musica è di John Strieder, Composer/Artist. Francesco D'Adamo - Limbico
youtube.comLimbico, a collection of works from painter Francesco D'Adamo. Music by John Strieder - Respiratio "Oscura e profonda era e nebulosa tanto che, per ficcar lo...
... Video of the premiere of my piece "Streichtrio" (String Trio) performed by zero theorem! Sonic Coast  live (including the world premiere of my string trio) broadcast from Beaminster School with 'zero theorem' String quartet will begin at 7.30pm UTC tonight. Click on PLAY to activate the stream!
Simon Cummings [UK] String Quartet Fragment | 2 minutes.
John Strieder [DE] Streichtrio | for violin, viola and violoncello | 4 minutes | WP
Steve Kilpatrick [UK] Bempton Cliffs | String Quartet | 8 minutes
Aaron Holloway-Nahum [US] Le campane che svaniscono | Violin solo | 8 minutes
Ben Graves [UK] Nocturne for solo viola | 5 minutes
Darren Bloom [US] Duo for 2 violins | 4 minutes
Mic Spenser [UK] Quartet | 6 minutes
Aaron Holloway-Hahum [US] ‘for reasons perhaps to do with sorrow’ | violoncello solo | 8 minutes
Marc Yeats [UK] from manuscripts of moving song | string quartet | 18 minutes | WP SONICcoast
spreaker.comDIVAcontemporary - DIVAcontemporary is an artist-led organisation committed to creativity and experimentation in the arts and practice-based research, working internationally, nationally and locally.
"No. Just. No." ... Thanks to Gear Gods for the support!!! \m/
"[...] DiSalvo and Smith’s band, who are named Coma Cluster Void by the way (no relation to Candiria), are pretty damn good. And the extended-range manifest destiny has been fully realized. Win/win."
- with Amok, John Strieder, Composer/Artist, Sylvia Hinz - Recorder "This has to stop!" ... Thanks to Metal Injection for the support!!! \m/
- with John Strieder, Composer/Artist, Sylvia Hinz - Recorder, Amok, Mike DiSalvo and Will Smith "This is getting ridiculous!" ... big surprise for us on MetalSucks.net! - Thanks for the support! \m/
"Coma Coma Cluster Void summon death metal’s more experimental, visceral side — think Ulcerate, Nero di Marte, Dysrhythmia, or even PORTAL on one of their more coherent days — for a challenging listen that’s got just the right of songwriting glue holding it all together."
- with John Strieder / John Strieder, Composer/Artist, Sylvia Hinz / Sylvia Hinz - Recorder, Amok, Mike DiSalvo and Will Smith Video of the performance of my "Albumblätter" for Piano by Eliza McCarthy at the "Occupy The Pianos" Festival, June 2014!
- with John Strieder and Eliza McCarthy
and Amok Retsulk Diov New Release: INKARNA - Reflections! Mixing and Mastering by Magma Studios.
Intro composed and performed by John Strieder, Composer/Artist.
Full EP "Helios" will be out 17th January 2015!
- with Amok Retsulk Diov Inkarna - Reflections (Official Video)
youtube.comThe first song, 'Reflections' off of our second EP, 'Helios', which will be out 17th January 2015! We hope you like it! Tell us what you think. Contact us at...
into darkness ... John Strieder, Composer/Artist Review of my "4 erloschene Bilder" for Guitar Solo at musicuratum.com!
- with John Strieder and Carlos Eduardo Bojarski This Week’s Tracks
musicuratum.comThis evening, the tracks are from Germany, or else about that country. To begin with, a set of “Vier Erloschene Bilder” by a young experimental-minded composer in Berlin, John Strieder – a quadripa...
HD Video from my latest premiere: "obscured light" (2014), performed by XelmYa at Sonic Festival 3.0!
- with John Strieder and Sylvia Hinz ( Sylvia Hinz - Recorder ). HD Video from my latest premiere: "message II" (2014), performed by Shasta Ellenbogen at Sonic Festival
- with John Strieder John Strieder - message II
youtube.comwww.facebook.com/john.strieder.composer.artist My latest premiere: "message II" (2014) for Viola Solo. Performed by Shasta Ellenbogen. @Sonic 3.0, Kopenhagen
Next week! Two of my new works are going to be premiered at Sonic Festival Kopenhagen! Looking forward to listening to XelmYa and Shasta Ellenbogen!
. by John Strieder, Composer/Artist XelmYa rehearsing my new piece "obscured light", which will be premiered at Sonic Festival 3.0 "Ritualistic Soundscapes" in September!
- ... by the way: XelmYa is going to be "ensemble in residence" at Sonic Festival - Copenhagen, Denmark, september 10th to 13th ... performing new works by Kristín Þóra Haraldsdóttir, Andreas Dzialocha, G. Karel Másson, Patrik Jarlestam, John Strieder, Composer/Artist, ...
. Trio XelmYa DE
sonic-festival.comXelmYa ( Alexa Renger - violin, Sylvia Hinz - recorder, Ehrengard von Gemmingen - violoncello ) was founded in 2008. One of their goals: to push, foster and develop the instrumentation of the baroque...
spreaker.comDIVAcontemporary is an artist-led organisation committed to creativity and experimentation in the arts and practice-based research, working internationally, nationally and locally.
My piece "... ins Dunkel geschlagen" will be performed again - July 27th at the Kultursommer Oldenburg, Germany! Together with pieces of Stefan Lienenkämper, Tania Sikelianou, Martin Gaughan, Makiko Nishikaze, and others. 2014-E24PL
mixed media on canvas 2014-ZAH0S
mixed media on canvas Me on "Composers Circle" ;) John Strieder on Composers Circle
composerscircle.comApril 3, 2014 - John Strieder is a composer and artist from Germany. The music he writes, exclusively depicts inner processes, being an expression of emotional, intellectual and philosophical content, conveyed just through his music itself – which has its origin in both the european modern...
... HD Video from my latest premiere: "to abandon oneself" (2014) performed by Umbratono Ensamble at FONOTECA NACIONAL DE MÉXICO! ... My piece "beyond life and death", inspired by War From A Harlots Mouth' "The Black Lodge", followed by their "To The Villains" \m/
- with John Strieder My miniature "Misterioso" premiered at BKA Berlin. Thanks to Stefan Schulzki for his great performance! ... rehearsing my new piece "to abandon oneself" (2014) with Umbratono Ensamble ... My scores are now avaiable on Babelscores: http://www.babelscores.com/johnstrieder
More scores coming soon including my latest pieces like "bleed down black", "sunken contour", "to abandon oneself", etc. Sylvia Hinz, Antonio Rosales and John Strieder in Milenio Newspaper!
Full version in spanish online: http://bit.ly/1g4IFRt
<> Sylvia Hinz and John Strieder in the "Argentinisches Tageblatt", December 2013. Thanks to Luis Mihovilcevic for sending the scan! ;)
Quote: <> Next premiere: John Strieder - "to abandon oneself" (2014) for Alto Recorder, Bass Clarinet, Violin and Violoncello, performed by Umbratono Ensamble! February 5th at Goethe-Institut Mexiko. Excited!!! ... Video from my latest premiere: "sunken contour" performed by Syl'Cor at Goethe-Institut Athen, Greece! ... ... happy holidays, everybody! ... Syl'Cor rehearsing my piece "sunken contour" for great bass recorder and piano! ^_^ ... more great music for Syl'Cor: "sunken contour" by John Strieder.composer.artist! thank you ;-) ... My next premiere: "sunken contour" for great bass recorder and piano in greece (12th and 14th of December 2013), performed by the fantastic duo Syl'Cor ... can't wait!!! Great first appearance of our project "de/con/struct" at Klangwerkstatt Berlin 2013! My miniature "inked into silence" for Bass Clarinet, Violoncello and Double Bass, performed by dissonArt ensemble! John Strieder - "inked into silence"
soundcloud.com"inked into silence", for Bass Clarinet, Violoncello and Double Bass. Composed in 2013.
performed by dissonart Ensemble ( www.dissonart.gr/ ): Alexandros Stavridis, Bass Clarinet / Vassilis Saitis, Violoncello / Yiannis Chatzis, Double Bass
"4 erloschene Bilder" for Guitar Solo, performed by Carlos Eduardo Bojarski - now on soundcloud! Enjoy :D 2013-PNZT1 - 2013-PNZT3
pigments on canvas plates Great news: My miniature piece "inked into silence" will be performed by the dissonArt ensemble at the 48th Dimitria Festival of Thessaloníki, Greece. JannisDear all,
We thank you all for submitting your works to the dissonArt ensemble Collaborative Miniature Project Call for Scores. Your participation has exceeded our expectations, as we have received more than 250 submissions, in total, from all over the globe. The selection process has been very difficult, due to the high quality of the submitted works.
After long reading sessions and careful deliberations, the dissonart ensemble are npw announcing their final decision for the 111 miniatures that will be performed at the 48th Dimitria Festival concert on October 14th, 2013.
The names of the composers, in alphabetical order, and the titles of the miniatures read as follows:
1. Abbasi, Anahita (Iran) - Distorted Attitudes
2. Adams, Jeremy (U.S.A.) – Cutter Times
3. Anatrini, Alessandro (Italy) – Yajna
4. Andreou, Thanos (Greece) – Ipsenol
5. Anissegos, Antonis (Greece) – o
6. Aragón, Jared (U.S.A.) – Monument
7. Baggio, Rodrigo (Brazil) – Echoes in the Empty Rooms
8. Bezevegkis, Vasilis (Greece) - ex nihilo
9. Bisshops, Merijn (Netherlands) – RUMINATION
10. Boukouvalas, Dionysis (Greece) – Etude
11. Bourdeau, Joseph (U.S.A.) – Cold
12. Buckett, Austin (Australia) – Dead Machines
13. Calvano, Miguel (Brazil) – Opusena
14. Campbell, Daniel (Canada) – LIYV
15. Casablancas, Benet (Spain) – HAIKU
16. Çerkezoğlu Uğur (Turkey) – IMPRESSIONS
17. Chafta Douka, Faidra (Greece) – not moving
18. Charos, Philip (U.S.A.) – Σκουλικομερμηγκότρυπα
19. Codina, Marc (Spain) – frame
20. Costanza, Federico (Italy) - How can a flying cat be killed by a pigeon in Venice
21. Dangerfield, Joseph (U.S.A.) - Essence (blue whisp)
22. Di Maggio, Dan (Italy) - APOPHENIC 1
23. Driscoll, Rebekah (U.S.A.) - Fixtures
24. Economou, Dimitris (Greece) - 30'' seconds of October
25. Ekmektsogou, Manolis (Greece) – ΚΑΘΟΔΟΣ
26. Enescu, Raluca (Romania) – pissoffArt
27. Evanoff, Ray (U.S.A.) – a conjunct series of interpolations
28. Feeney, Todd (U.S.A.) - VBc Duet
29. Feliz, Juro Kim (Philippines) – Sa Kanyang Munting Paghakbang (In her Baby Steps)
30. Frederik, Ian (Colombia) – Expresso
31. Garin, Didier Marc (France) - Les plâtres confus
32. Georgiadis, Alexandros (Greece) - mini-@-tour
33. Ghikas, Panos (Greece) - Double Leopardy
34. Giles, Vincent (Australia) – Abandoned Space: A Portrait Miniature
35. Gioti, Artemi-Maria (Greece) – Dis
36. Gonzalo, Gimenez (Argentina) – Miniatura III
37. Hadjileontiadis, Leontios (Greece) – Monotonia 3”
38. Hagen, Javier (Spain) – collapse
39. Hamilton, Sean (U.S.A.) – Gears
40. Hancock, Susanna (U.S.A.) - split second recollection
41. Herran, Alvaro (Colombia) – LETHE
42. Hettne, Jenny (Sweden) - Chennai lament
43. Hong, Sungji (Korea) – SUSURRANT
44. Kai, Jun-K (South Korea) – Byuri
45. Karantzis, Nectarios (Greece) – CUTE PAT
46. Katidou, Christina (Greece) – M1
47. Kerschbaumer, Hannes (Austria) – pandora fragment
48. Kesikli, Egemen (Turkey) - Blue & Gray
49. Kittos, Haris (Greece) – boxtreat
50. Kyriakakis, Giorgos (Greece) – ringtone
51. Langford, Mark (New Zeeland) – Fragments I
52. Lapidakis, Michalis (Greece) - DREAM IN EMPTY SPACE
53. Larrain, Daniel (Canada) - Returned Message
54. Lee, Eun Young (Korea) – GoSung
55. Lee, Hye Kyung (Korea) – No-ri
56. Lee, Ui-Kyung (Korea) -
57. Longo, Marco (Italy) – microchaosmos
58. Macedo, Joaquín (Argentina) – INTERRUPTED SLEEP
59. Maggio, Francesco (Italy) – GEITONIA
60. Markovic, Djordje (Serbia) – appeasement
61. Maronidis, Dimitris (Greece) – Kimigayo
62. Mason, Spike (Tasmania) - The Taboggan Ride
63. Mayer – Spohn, Ulrike (Switzerland) – “M”
64. Mercado, Germán (Argentina) – Ka II
65. Monet, Hernán (Argentina) – Sol negro
66. Mpampasidou, Rafailia (Greece) – fisherman
67. Muschenich, Markus (Germany) - Wendepunkt, Novelle
68. Nicolaou, Vassos (Cyprus) – Áchata
69. Özdemir, Berk (Turkey) - MISSING NO -2-
70. Papadimitriou, Lefteris (Greece) - Wheel
71. Papadopoulos, Ioannis (Greece) – Flashback
72. Papageorgiou, Dimitri (Greece) - through tacit cracks
73. Papara, Michał Jakub (Poland) - THE BROKEN DREAM IN BLUE
74. Paul, Ioannis (Greece) – Enter Life
75. Pecin, Paolo (Italy) - Settling noises
76. Pelisch, Valentín (Argentina) – trash can
77. Pierson, Kala (U.S.A.) - Thread Song
78. Porfiriadis, Alexis (Greece) – Dissabandoned
79. Pressley, Richard (U.S.A.) – αγκάθι
80. Ralli, Eleni (Greece) – Miniature G*
81. Rappos – Nasioutzik, Varavvas (Greece) – ζώμινθος
82. Rouvelas, Antonis (Greece) - M/I/1
83. Rowan, Kyle (U.S.A.) – Tuesday morning
84. Saleri, Mauro (Italy) - CRUMBLING FACES
85. Sanchez Garcia - Manuel J. (Spain) – minimum
86. Sean, Harold (U.S.A.) - But Few Thy Voice
87. Sebastián, Mendoza Joaquin (Spain) - I was playing with my Phd... ...then accidentally killed it...
88. Seglias, Zesses (Greece) – Aposynthesis -five secrets for dissonArt ensemble-
89. Sehyung, Kim (Kazakhstan) – SIJO_150913
90. Silva, Ricardo (Chile) – Tonus
91. Sisiki, Elena (Greece) – Opseis
92. Skordis, Andys (Cyprus) - "yellow..."
93. Sleeper, Hana (U.S.A.) – Fun at Sea
94. Sleeper, Thomas (U.S.A.) - "...this is the way the world ends..."
95. Smite, Gundega (Latvia) – (di)visions
96. Smith, Michael (U.S.A.) – Coil
97. Strieder, John (Germany) - "inked into silence"
98. Strootman, Aart (Netherlands) - Hendrix knows best
99. Szczech, Cathy (U.S.A.) – NICHT ZU NAHE
100. Tam, Ka Shu (China) - Sudden Moment in a Stripe of Memory
101. Tasoudis, Dimitris (Greece) - I 've tried
102. Tenaglia, Luis Alberto (Argentina) - Relaciones contextuales
103. Torkelson, Adam (U.S.A.) – Capriccio de Orpheus
104. Toufektsis, Orestis (Greece) – diminution for dissonart
105. Tukhanen, Timo (Finland) - Tenderness's Forever
106. Valadão, Danilo (Brazil) - A Compositional Study - Over motion and mass behavior
107. Valette, Iossif (Greece) - Kyttara
108. Vazquez Salvagno, Jorge Diego (Argentina) – ata II
109. Viana, Andersen (Brazil) - MICRO PIECES
110. White, Justin (U.S.A.) - Messenger
111. Wrenn, Alison (U.K.) – Irony
ensemble dissonArt Fantastic premiere of my latest piece "bleed down black" by Sylvia Hinz - Recorder at the Festival Sonoridades Alternativas in La Plata, Buenos Aires! Coming up: Premiere of my new piece "bleed down black" for tenor recorder solo, performed by Sylvia Hinz - Recorder at the festival "Sonoridades alternativas" in Buenos Aires, Argentina!
Check out her soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sylviahinz
... Thrilled!!! My next premiere will take place in Buenos Aires, Argentina:
"4 erloschene Bilder" for guitar solo, performed by Carlos Eduardo Bojarski!
Check out his soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/carlos-bojarski
... Excited!!! 2013-QE66Q
mixed media on canvas One of the pieces I wrote for War From A Harlots Mouth for their Album "Voyeur". The uncompromising and pioneering world's first collaboration between contemporary music and math metal! Check out this awesome band ... 2013-1K8NE
mixed media on flat canvas Indifferent Magma: Another demanding, border-crossing project. Brutal, dissonant, intense - again! Mind-crushing music for electric guitars, zither and other instruments. Our first release is now available on bandcamp.
"Microtonal soundscapes, often articulated in very extreme ranges of expression incorporating dense, compact forms and highly polarized dynamic and gestural means. Indifferent Magma was founded in 2009. Current Members: John Strieder and Sven Ludwig."
Musician/Band 220 like this
Endlich! Das Debut-Album von Indifferent Magma (Sven Ludwig & John Strieder.composer.artist) ist draussen ... laut Mathcore Index ein "savant blend of modern classical, math/abstract/art metal grindcore, microtonal, Soundscape and Patterns, dissonant and contemporary elements! Seriously some fascinating and extremely well done experimentation there ..." - viel Spass!